An exclusive free program from D.O. Cava and hosted by Cava experts in February on three consecutive Mondays in New York City.
Upon passing the final exam, successful applicants will earn:
- an Official Cava Ambassador diploma
- the chance to go on a fully funded trip to Spain to tour the Cava region (award to the top two students).
**Applications for Cava Academy 2020
have now closed **
Become a certified expert of D.O. Cava
D.O. CAVA is proud to announce the first ever Cava Academy certification program held in New York on three consecutive Mondays in February 2020.
This in-depth 3-day program developed by the Consejo Regulador de Cava, is geared towards wine industry professionals who wish to learn more about Cava and become educators/ambassadors for the Consejo. In order to be accepted into the program, candidates must apply on-line and submit a short paragraph on why they want to participate. Participants will be chosen by the Consejo by mid January. The final examination will consist of two sections: a written test and blind tasting assessment.
This program will cover the following:
- Introduction to D.O. Cava: History, geology, regulations, ageing, controls
- Viticulture and terroir of D.O. Cava
- Enology and aging of cava
- Premium Cava: Cava de Paraje Calificado
- Tasting: various category levels (Reserva, Gran Reserva, Cava de Paraje Calificado and vintages)
- Business, marketing – How to sell Cava in a competitive landscape
- Pairing, service and tasting
Places available: 45
Length of the course: 3 days
Location: Corkbuzz | 13 E 13th Street, New York, NY 10003
Monday Feb 10th: 9:30AM – 2PM
Monday Feb 17th: 9:30AM – 2:PM
Monday Feb 24th: 9:30AM – 11:30AM
Exam: Monday Feb 24th 12-2PM
Award Ceremoy: Monday Feb 24th, afternoon before 5pm
Note: The course includes a light breakfast and lunch each day.
Course fees and attendance: All selected candidates are sponsored by D.O. Cava to complete the course, at no charge.
Those who are awarded a place on the Cava Academy course will be expected to attend all three days in order to pass the course.